Skip to main content

Merry Christmas To You...

It is Christmas Eve...

I have spent the day keeping busy with my usual routines to avoid any lonely feelings. I woke with a bit of a headache from the libations last night. This ritual of seeing friends the day before Christmas has shifted a day to avoid any pain on the actual holiday. It seems everyone has decided on this, not just me. Last night was quite festive, karaoke Christmas carols, friends gathered around the wood laughing, smiling, hugging and generally passing out the Christmas cheer. I was pretty happy too, feeling the energy of great friends around me. There are always eyes looking regardless of what is happening in your life, and the effect they have on you after a stumble in your life is priceless.

Some of my friends off to other parts of the country, and others yet travelling to warm beaches of the tropics,  the party continued on very late. I have dropped a few walls in the last week and opened up a bit, resulting in possibly putting my foot in my mouth. It always works out in the end but I am hoping this interesting late night interlude on line continues to grow. I love to laugh, it makes me whole, and if yesterday and early this morning is a sign of the return of "laughing Jen", there will be more of that to come. Thank you - YOU.

Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy, eat, drink, be merry and laugh - laugh, laugh, laugh. :)
Jen McIntyre | Create your badge


animated counters
 site counter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Dinner 2023

Christmas dinner is not a challenge for me, unlike most people all over the world. Depending on your main dish selection and the corresponding side dishes, the difficulty level can differ for anyone, but I always suggest keeping it on the simple side so you can spend more time enjoying yourself than living in your kitchen. It was just my partner and me this year, keeping it a bit low-key and quiet. He just started a new job and didn't want to go too crazy, doing a little extra studying during the festive days off. His decision was leg of lamb, which I was happy with as turkey for two is either too much trouble or not special enough if using turkey thighs for your main dish. Using my kitchen and cooking tools (and skills) was a great decision, making our neighbourhood festivities available while also having time to cook. After visiting the local pub and enjoying a few rye and cokes (beer for him) we tried to gather an appetite, filling up on Christmas brunch with my family earlier i...

Heat Waves and Hot Flashes: Mid-Fifties As A Woman

Sitting at the bar I frequent  often, cold pint in front if me, I chose to leave my hot apartment to find some air conditioning. The last few days have been hot in Vancouver and my local has been enjoyable with air conditioning keeping us all from melting away. Walking down here I noticed the temperature was 28c and was looking forward to a little break from the heat. Of course, after a few days of feeling a bit cold in here, the AC is not working. It can be hit and miss as they keep the folding sliding windows open for air flow, but it does end up over taxing the AC system. Sitting on non-cloth seats - it can get a bit sticky in here.  Earlier today I was on a hot bus, of course I catch the bus without AC and I could feel the sweat trickling down my back. Stick to the seat is also a lovely feeling, possibly leaving a small sweat streak, like you would find on seats on workout equipment in a gym. Yuck. The worst part of it all is when you are still suffering from h...

Sunday Sunday

Well, another brunch eaten but at my work, with another friend. It was nice. We talked about my past issues with the last guy of question in my life. I, again, ended with conclusion that I was not in the wrong again. Talking about it helps. Nothing really was drastically wrong accept my pride being beaten down. I am a bad judge of character I guess. I think I need help picking guys now, lol. After I had a small walk, watched a movie at home and was pulled off my couch by some planes flying in formation around Coal Harbour. I missed the Abbotsford Airshow this year and this was like a little snippet of what I missed. 3 Cessnas and 1 Harvard. Grabbed my camera and took some shots. Now a few beers and some blues.