Skip to main content

Rain, Rain Go Away!


Wednesday, 'my Saturday', is over. Thank you, Wednesday, for being an ugly, wet, cold, windy and grey day. We woke up, sipping our coffee after a restful sleep on our new pillows, looking out the window at the type of day David Duchovny would bitch about on talk shows. After deciding to eat breakfast at home, showering and getting ready to fight the depressing low ceiling outside, we dragged ourselves into the car to do a new activity. Over choices of the Aquarium and lunch with a relative, we opted for bowling - 10 pin OF COURSE!



Of course, it was definitely fun for an hour or so. I won 2 outta 3 games! We were both pathetic haha but it was fun. Then the decision on lunch, which is always a dilemma since we have set restaurants we like but we are getting bored of them. Hence
our trip to Locus yesterday. He chose Pho so off we went to Pho Huang on Main Street. We ate our meal and then looked at our watches - 2:30pm. My choice was next. With the rain and the food making me sleepy, I would have rather crawled under a blanket and napped but I made a decision which I would regret.....METROTOWN! NOOOOOOOOoooooo!



So, driving the longest, most irritating street ever in Vancouver, Kingsway, proved to turn my mood, as I groaned and moaned (that is a weak version of my real reactions) at the drivers in this city. We arrived to a boring, uninteresting mall. We went to T & T Market and I was about to pass out from the violent olfactory assault from a combination of mildew, rotting fish and indescribable ammonia. I actually had to breathe through my mouth while wondering aloud how no one was smelling the horrendous odour.


While my guy was in the washroom I found a vending machine and popped in some coin to buy us cute toys...a jelly yellow LED glowing duck with an afro made of gel and a mini pirate voodoo doll. Those at least put a smile on our faces. Then off to Winners, which is my rainy day cure-all. Unfortunately, the boredom was not possible to hide on my Frog Prince's face so I forced him out of there. We quickly left the mall as I admitted my regret and disappointment at my desperate decision. I hate wasting days off sitting around doing nothing but this was not the best idea.

So, off to my apartment and another long hour of deciding on where to eat. We settled on Olympia on Denman and ate our dinner discussing our day of mediocrity and how sore we will be tomorrow. We are not spring chickens anymore... He will be off to Vegas Saturday morning for an NAB Conference for 4 days. I am back to work tomorrow. Yawn. I think we should have overdosed on Vitamin D for extra 'sunshine' today. Oh well, hopefully when he returns, we will have 'something to do'!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Dinner 2023

Christmas dinner is not a challenge for me, unlike most people all over the world. Depending on your main dish selection and the corresponding side dishes, the difficulty level can differ for anyone, but I always suggest keeping it on the simple side so you can spend more time enjoying yourself than living in your kitchen. It was just my partner and me this year, keeping it a bit low-key and quiet. He just started a new job and didn't want to go too crazy, doing a little extra studying during the festive days off. His decision was leg of lamb, which I was happy with as turkey for two is either too much trouble or not special enough if using turkey thighs for your main dish. Using my kitchen and cooking tools (and skills) was a great decision, making our neighbourhood festivities available while also having time to cook. After visiting the local pub and enjoying a few rye and cokes (beer for him) we tried to gather an appetite, filling up on Christmas brunch with my family earlier i...

Heat Waves and Hot Flashes: Mid-Fifties As A Woman

Sitting at the bar I frequent  often, cold pint in front if me, I chose to leave my hot apartment to find some air conditioning. The last few days have been hot in Vancouver and my local has been enjoyable with air conditioning keeping us all from melting away. Walking down here I noticed the temperature was 28c and was looking forward to a little break from the heat. Of course, after a few days of feeling a bit cold in here, the AC is not working. It can be hit and miss as they keep the folding sliding windows open for air flow, but it does end up over taxing the AC system. Sitting on non-cloth seats - it can get a bit sticky in here.  Earlier today I was on a hot bus, of course I catch the bus without AC and I could feel the sweat trickling down my back. Stick to the seat is also a lovely feeling, possibly leaving a small sweat streak, like you would find on seats on workout equipment in a gym. Yuck. The worst part of it all is when you are still suffering from h...

Sunday Sunday

Well, another brunch eaten but at my work, with another friend. It was nice. We talked about my past issues with the last guy of question in my life. I, again, ended with conclusion that I was not in the wrong again. Talking about it helps. Nothing really was drastically wrong accept my pride being beaten down. I am a bad judge of character I guess. I think I need help picking guys now, lol. After I had a small walk, watched a movie at home and was pulled off my couch by some planes flying in formation around Coal Harbour. I missed the Abbotsford Airshow this year and this was like a little snippet of what I missed. 3 Cessnas and 1 Harvard. Grabbed my camera and took some shots. Now a few beers and some blues.