Skip to main content

Where Have I Gone?


Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I feel bad but I've been busy. I have been working and working and working but finally I have time.





So yesterday my cat, Sebastian, went on a journey to the veterinarian. He
has hyperthyroidism and his Tapazol hasn't been doing it's job. He hasn't been well for a while. Thirsty all the time, diahrrea constantly. I feel like we are living in a petting zoo with the smell all the time. Just disgusting. Well, it was because he won't eat his pill, no matter what I do to disguise it.

The adventure was the long journey to Kits from downtown, by foot, to the vet clinic. I packed Sebby in his new carry case, a red cat carrier that looks like a gym bag with mesh openings, etc. We left at 12:15pm and hiked down to the False Creek Ferries and jumped on the ferry to the Maritime Museum. He was quiet the whole way and calm. Weird because be able to see all the dogs on the beach and the water, may have made him go uggy-buggy. Nope, Sebby was quite the brave traveller.

Got to the vet at 1pm. At the vet he was weighed and found to be 3 pounds lighter than before,
only at 7.5 pounds now. He's lighter than Princess, our other cat (the runt of the litter). Sebastian used to be 15lbs! Well, the disease is taking a toll on his weight and overall health. He had his blood tested and a new topical medication was administered. I am supposed to put it on once a day, in his ear. I tried this morning and he struggled as he does with anything new. He is way hungrier now, but he isn't allowed anymore Fancy Feast or Friskies. Too bad for all those cats when they get older.... I have to try out many different kinds of food for him that is prescription only. I guess both cats will be on prescription food from now on. At least Princess won't be eating Sebby's medicated food (crushed Tapazol pill in it).

In the end , the journey was successful. I saved about $20 on cab fare and only paid $5 for the ferry. His medication seems to be working so far and hopefully our apartment will begin to smell better. The cost of the visit? $197. The total cost of the previous visits and food? $600. Man this cat is like having a baby. Hmmmmmm I can't afford both. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Dinner 2023

Christmas dinner is not a challenge for me, unlike most people all over the world. Depending on your main dish selection and the corresponding side dishes, the difficulty level can differ for anyone, but I always suggest keeping it on the simple side so you can spend more time enjoying yourself than living in your kitchen. It was just my partner and me this year, keeping it a bit low-key and quiet. He just started a new job and didn't want to go too crazy, doing a little extra studying during the festive days off. His decision was leg of lamb, which I was happy with as turkey for two is either too much trouble or not special enough if using turkey thighs for your main dish. Using my kitchen and cooking tools (and skills) was a great decision, making our neighbourhood festivities available while also having time to cook. After visiting the local pub and enjoying a few rye and cokes (beer for him) we tried to gather an appetite, filling up on Christmas brunch with my family earlier i...

Heat Waves and Hot Flashes: Mid-Fifties As A Woman

Sitting at the bar I frequent  often, cold pint in front if me, I chose to leave my hot apartment to find some air conditioning. The last few days have been hot in Vancouver and my local has been enjoyable with air conditioning keeping us all from melting away. Walking down here I noticed the temperature was 28c and was looking forward to a little break from the heat. Of course, after a few days of feeling a bit cold in here, the AC is not working. It can be hit and miss as they keep the folding sliding windows open for air flow, but it does end up over taxing the AC system. Sitting on non-cloth seats - it can get a bit sticky in here.  Earlier today I was on a hot bus, of course I catch the bus without AC and I could feel the sweat trickling down my back. Stick to the seat is also a lovely feeling, possibly leaving a small sweat streak, like you would find on seats on workout equipment in a gym. Yuck. The worst part of it all is when you are still suffering from h...

Sunday Sunday

Well, another brunch eaten but at my work, with another friend. It was nice. We talked about my past issues with the last guy of question in my life. I, again, ended with conclusion that I was not in the wrong again. Talking about it helps. Nothing really was drastically wrong accept my pride being beaten down. I am a bad judge of character I guess. I think I need help picking guys now, lol. After I had a small walk, watched a movie at home and was pulled off my couch by some planes flying in formation around Coal Harbour. I missed the Abbotsford Airshow this year and this was like a little snippet of what I missed. 3 Cessnas and 1 Harvard. Grabbed my camera and took some shots. Now a few beers and some blues.