Skip to main content

Rainy Day....An Eagle Has Hatched

It was supposed to be sunny today but I woke up to see this on my window. Not surprising, living in Vancouver, but disappointing, considering I woke up before noon. No one here complains about the rain very much. We all know that without it the trees would not be green and lush. We wouldn't have such beautiful lawns and wildlife. If you aren't from here, rain is a major complaint. Remember David Duchovny? The rain drove him away and then X-Files sucked.


My head is fuzzy again. The Last Call Fairy was hard to chase since I was working until close. I got to the bar at 1:30am so I had to have 2 quick beers and finish off my night with my favourite shot, Mr. Meister. It is the only shot I will do now, unless of course, it's someones birthday. I will not do Tequilla ever because of the automatic rejection-mode I go into once it touches my lips. Anyways, when I came home, I had to have more beer (rarely in my house--hate drinking at home). Thus, my head is fuzzy, and I would never blame Mr. Meister! I only had one shot and hardly any food.



Good news on the Eagles Nest---apparently one egg has hatched! I am looking at the site right now and I have seen both eggs. One has a little hole in it but the Vancouver Sun link said it had already hatched? I think the footage maybe a loop from earlier in the day, or The Sun was getting a bit ahead of itself. I would go with the former rather than the latter. It will be great to see the eaglets eating from the parents soon, though.

Well, I've got nothin' else to say right now. I guess I'll have something later.

A new report states that it was a false alarm and shots of the nest actually showed a feather attached to an egg. So I guess we are still waiting.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Dinner 2023

Christmas dinner is not a challenge for me, unlike most people all over the world. Depending on your main dish selection and the corresponding side dishes, the difficulty level can differ for anyone, but I always suggest keeping it on the simple side so you can spend more time enjoying yourself than living in your kitchen. It was just my partner and me this year, keeping it a bit low-key and quiet. He just started a new job and didn't want to go too crazy, doing a little extra studying during the festive days off. His decision was leg of lamb, which I was happy with as turkey for two is either too much trouble or not special enough if using turkey thighs for your main dish. Using my kitchen and cooking tools (and skills) was a great decision, making our neighbourhood festivities available while also having time to cook. After visiting the local pub and enjoying a few rye and cokes (beer for him) we tried to gather an appetite, filling up on Christmas brunch with my family earlier i...

Heat Waves and Hot Flashes: Mid-Fifties As A Woman

Sitting at the bar I frequent  often, cold pint in front if me, I chose to leave my hot apartment to find some air conditioning. The last few days have been hot in Vancouver and my local has been enjoyable with air conditioning keeping us all from melting away. Walking down here I noticed the temperature was 28c and was looking forward to a little break from the heat. Of course, after a few days of feeling a bit cold in here, the AC is not working. It can be hit and miss as they keep the folding sliding windows open for air flow, but it does end up over taxing the AC system. Sitting on non-cloth seats - it can get a bit sticky in here.  Earlier today I was on a hot bus, of course I catch the bus without AC and I could feel the sweat trickling down my back. Stick to the seat is also a lovely feeling, possibly leaving a small sweat streak, like you would find on seats on workout equipment in a gym. Yuck. The worst part of it all is when you are still suffering from h...

Sunday Sunday

Well, another brunch eaten but at my work, with another friend. It was nice. We talked about my past issues with the last guy of question in my life. I, again, ended with conclusion that I was not in the wrong again. Talking about it helps. Nothing really was drastically wrong accept my pride being beaten down. I am a bad judge of character I guess. I think I need help picking guys now, lol. After I had a small walk, watched a movie at home and was pulled off my couch by some planes flying in formation around Coal Harbour. I missed the Abbotsford Airshow this year and this was like a little snippet of what I missed. 3 Cessnas and 1 Harvard. Grabbed my camera and took some shots. Now a few beers and some blues.